Tuesday, January 20, 2015

everyday naritives

    I hear lots of narratives everyday. Usually starting with work during pre shift when discussing our own experiences through out the week. But I think that narrating everyday gossip, whether only is half true it always comes down to stories being passed on from one another, narrating our own or other peoples stories. I also can think of times when I ask all my costumers if they are local and why they stopped by. Even from listening to the TV and reading the papers. When I think about it a good portion of our communication is narrating and that's why it is so important to figure out a good way to narrate, not just in correct terms but knowing how to do that with different audiences.

   I watched a couple videos and read a couple blogs. I went through a couple videos before I found one that didn't really inspire me. Then I came across one that made me look a little more in someone else's shoes and was more inspiring. After reading some blogs one of which I thought was nice. I wondered if the same people in the first videos said those same words, if they would make them boring? I think they would have maybe sucked the life out of those words. So I just think it depends on how powerful one video or written story can be depending on how good the person delivering it is.

    When I think about telling a story to my friend face to face as to over text messages. For starters I will take most of the sarcasm out of it (cause usually there is a lot). I have to read the messages back to myself as I was them, as opposed to just hearing myself say something an correcting it. Its just really hard to get some things out through small messages its better if I just send a text saying "I have to tell you something when I see you".

No comments:

Post a Comment