Thursday, January 22, 2015

collaborating


I love collaborating my ideas with other people. I always believe the more the better!  I know that sometimes my mind works differently than other peoples, for example, I can read a poem and 5 other people can read it, and I’m usually the only one who thinks it’s about dyeing while everyone else thinks it’s about butterflies, not that I’m always wrong but when hearing someone else’s view makes me realize what a different stand point I was at than them. 

    I realized during this discussion in my class how much people or prone to voice their opinion over the internet more than in person (not because this particular assignment) but just from the discussion. It makes me realize how much of a difference the internet can make in our writing if we make ourselves vulnerable enough to criticism. For example from the book Everyone’s An Author the first page of chapter 4, the romance writer Eloisa James maintains a website that invites readers to ask questions about characters, request rewrites of chapters, and even suggest alternative chapters.  I think that by her doing this is a big thing especially because it’s hard for some writers to be open to changing their writing, just like an artist with a painting. But once your mind has opened up to it you will realize how much your writing will improve and even be more influencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment