Thursday, February 26, 2015

analyses of two consumer websites pg 141

  Over the past couple years I have found myself taking short trips more often and if not camping then trying to find a good deal on a hotel room.
   I wanted to compare two different sites that I often look on to see which one I thought could bring me better information about the hotels I was staying at. In order to do this I needed to try and find a hotel I was familiar with. I used to work at a hotel for a while in port townsend called Water Street Hotel. It is a really nice little Victorian hotel, and although there is no pool, it has an awesome feeling and suggest for people to stay there. Sense I use to know that place like the back of my hand I figured it would be a good way to see how it was represented by these two sites. I chose TripAdviser.com and KAYAK.com.
  When I looked at TripAdviser.com first I was surprised to see all nice pictures they had of all the rooms. I thought there could be a lot more pictures though for the amount of rooms they have. they didn't really do justice to the nice rooms and the beautiful views. and they didn't have one picture of the coffee room which is always nice to see. It had a nice little chart to see reviews from different kinds of people. Also had top local attractions which is nice I also couldn't find a link to water street hotels website which I believe has pictures of every room. maybe this is so you have to go through their website.
   KAYAK.com was more disappointing. It only had five pictures compared to Trip Advisers thirty seven. there was no information at all except for the website and phone number to the hotel which was nice. I couldn't find any reviews, or local attractions on this website, seems kind of useless to me.
    I do find myself searching all the websites every time I book a hotel and until now have not realized how disappointing KAYAK.com has been to me almost everytime.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment